Sunday, August 12, 2012

Utah Brewers Cooperation - Wasatch Raspberry Wheat

Utah Brewers Cooperation is a partnership formed in 2000 by Wasatch Beers (originally in Park City, and then they moved their brewing operations to Salt Lake City) and Squatters Beer (from Salt Lake City -- check out my review of Squatters from last year).  On a side note, check out my review of Unita's Cutthroat Ale where I get into Utah's funky beer laws/regulations.  Wasatch Beers was founded in 1986 and has consistently been growing from a tiny operation to a brew pub to a brewery with a high speed bottling line.


Wasatch Raspberry Wheat is courtesy of Kiki by way of a 10 craft beer sampler she bought me for my birthday.  This beer won a silver medal from the North American Brewery Association.  As you can see, it's a golden straw color and pours with little head.  It smells slightly sweet.  This is a subtle beer in many ways -- it's 4% ABV, it's lightly carbonated, it has a light body, and it has a light raspberry flavor.  Fruity beers can be hit or miss -- but this one is definitely a hit and I'm not just saying that because raspberries are my favorite fruit.  This beer really is a great summer beer (it also would be great after hitting the slopes in Park City) because its refreshing and the flavors are well balanced.  If I can find this in stores I would definitely drink it again.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment