Saturday, October 15, 2011

Squatter's Pubs and Beers -- Salt Lake City, UT


Finally, my last post of our epic road trip.  After visiting Red Rock Brewing we walked through downtown Salt Lake City to Squatter's Pubs and Beers at 147 West Broadway 300 South.

Yep, that's a ski they serve the beer on.


Once again I ordered a sampler so I could get an overview of what they have going for them:

Cream Ale -- Creamy, a little bitter, light straw color, just ok.  The first one was supposed to be Hefe, but apparently that's really popular and they were out so I got Cream Ale instead.

Chasing Tail Golden Ale -- Almost like Coors light, but a little more bitter.  I'm extremely biased in favor of anything involving golden retrievers so at least this one has the name going for it.

Provo Girl Pilsner -- BYU is in Provo, Utah so its Provo Girl instead of Polly Girl.  Get it?  Provo Girl is light straw color, not much flavor, and crisp.  This beer was like water so I did not like it but Kiki did.  Bravarian styles usually aren't my thing.

Organic Amber Ale -- Hoppy for an amber, copper color.  Nothing really that memorable.  This one was supposed to be the Vienna Style Lager, but they were also out of that one.

Full Suspension Pale Ale -- This one was an American Pale Ale (APA).  It bills itself as "citrus pine hop aroma flavor."  I thought the pine flavor was cool, and it made it unique.

Captain Bastard Oatmeal Stout -- This beer is brewed with roasted barley.  I thought it was creamy, but had coffee at the same time.

My buddy Kyle ordered the Nitro Coco Porter which he let me try a little of.  It was really bitter, but very light.  The color looks like black coffee but the body was light. 

 Squatters was a cool place with a chill vibe.  Another good place to stop if you're ever in downtown SLC.  Its more hipster than Red Rock Brewing which is more yuppie.  But, the beers at Squatters are ok so I don't think you'll go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment