Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Big Sky Brewing -- Limited Montana Release (Mexican Dark Lager)

Unfortunately, on our road trip we didn't have time to stop and take a tour or visit Big Sky Brewing, but by the time we got to Missoula, Montana on our way from Helena to Kalispell to go to Glacier National Park, it was lunch time and we were mighty hungry.  We didn't have any set plans in Missoula so we just drove around downtown, which is conveniently located right next to the University of Montana.  We decided that The Iron Horse Brew Pub looked promising.


The Iron Horse has a pretty good selection of beers, one of which was Big Sky Brewing's "Limited Montana Release."  After inquiring, I was informed that this beer was a Mexican dark lager.  I decided to try it and pair it with a buffalo chicken salad.


Mexican dark lager?  As you see above, its a copper color and served with a lime.  It's like a cross between an amber ale, a Corona, and a Bud, but overall it's more on the amber side.  I can't say that I would order it again, but at least it was an interesting beer.

Side note: Big Sky Brewing has so far been absent from my blog only because I enjoy their beer so much that I've been waiting to write an entry that covers all the beer in the Montana Mixer pack and do them justice.

 Missoula's famous Mount Sentinel 

No comments:

Post a Comment