Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bozeman Brewing Co (AKA Bozone) -- Bozone Select Amber Ale


We went to Ted's Montana Grill (that's Ted Turner FYI) in Bozeman, Montana.


When at Ted's you MUST get a bison burger.  He has his own bison ranches to supply meat for his restaurants.  Normally I get the Green and Hot (monterey jack cheese, jalapenos, and guacamole), but this time I tried the Red Rock (pepper jack cheese, jalpenos, cilantro, onion straws, and z-sauce).  It was still an amazing burger but I think I like the Green and Hot better.



Of course I had to sample some local brewing fare.  I decided to go with the Bozone Amber Ale.  Unfortunately, this beer is only on tap in the greater Bozeman area, but they do have growlers that can be filled.  I think this is probably one of the best amber beers I've ever had.  This would be a perfect beer to drink after a long hot day.  Even Kiki said she would drink a glass (she's not the biggest beer person).

How to describe it?  its 5.5% ABV.  As you can see from the photo above its a copper amber color.  Its malty and sweet with some spices.  There is no bad aftertaste, and its not very hoppy.


Ted's and Bozone Amber makes for one happy James.

No comments:

Post a Comment