Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mission Street Hefeweizen

I recently tried the Hefeweizen by Mission Street thanks to my wife Kiki who surprised me with a bottle.


Mission Street is, according to the bottle, brewed by Steinhaus Brewing Co. in Paso Robles, CA.  According to the interweb its a contract beer brewed by Firestone Walker Brewing Co on behalf of Trader Joe's, and the internets never lie.  The basics: it's 4.7% ABV, and is $1.99 for a 22 oz. bottle.  To me this tasted like a typical hefe with a wheaty-yeasty flavor.  It wasn't anything out of the ordinary.  It has a medium body and a fairly short linger, and is heavier on the toffee and malty side of things.  Hefenweizens are not my particular beer of choice, although I don't mind one every once in a while.  For the money this beer is pretty good for a couple bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment